Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friend!!

- Maverick


It was dark, when I woke up.
I was alone and could see nothing, feel nothing.
And I realized, I was surrounded,
Surrounded by the Darkness of absence,
The absence of Words,
Words that give you Hope,
Hope that builds your Strength,
Strength to believe in yourself,
A Belief that even you can Dream,
Dreams that make your Life,
A Lifetime that gives you Memories,
Memories that make you Smile,
Smile that gives you peace.

Then it felt warm inside,
I looked down and saw,
I saw a light shining inside of me,
I wasnt afraid, there was no need to,
Who are you - I asked,
I am you, a part of you,
I've always been, I will always be,
In your heart, by your side,
Looking over your shoulder,
Showing you the correct way,
Holding your hand when you are alone,
Listening when you want to talk,
Comforting you when you want to cry,
Lending you my strength,
Holding your fears inside of me,
For all eternity, unconditionally,
After all, I am your friend. - It said.

It glowed with all the brightness,
Its rays breaking through the darkness,
And then the darkness disappeared,
I could see the world around me once more,
I could smile once more,
I could dream once more,
And I stretched my hand, towards my future,
Knowing that I will never be alone,
Knowing that someone somewhere believes in me!!




.

6 comments:

Kakshi said...

Awesome.. too good.. WOW.. so very inspiring!

Maverick said...

Thanks!! Somehow I wasnt planning to write that, It just came out that way!!

Vinit said...

Another Fantastic piece of work man...
keep it up...

Kakshi said...

I read it again..
I loved the built up in the first paragraph!!
And I am glad you wrote it..else we would be deprived of a lovely piece of poem!

Maverick said...

Thanks..again!!

Unknown said...

nice:)